Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Groups

We are all part of a group. This is one thing all of us have in common, we are part of the group the human race.  This is close to where our similarities end. Many of us branch from this group and join many others, such as social groups, school groups, and other various groups. 
What happens to us as an individual when we become part of these groups. In the extreme cases some of us forget that we are individuals and tend to frame their lives around what their group would think. Those people are usually just limited to a main group and have no place in any others. 
For those of us who seek out several groups to throw ourselves into are usually happier for it. Putting ourselves out there to meet other people and expand our social horizons excites us. 
When we are part of group we usually tend to mesh with people with similar interests and people who we share common goals with. 
I do believe the older we get the less social groups matter to us. From my personal experience I have my few friends I sit with in the mornings waiting for class to start and visit with. But I really only have one of those that I spend time with outside the school setting. This is mainly because I have known her for a long time. I also really only have one other close friend that I spend time with because i have no need for a large group of friends. My family is the most important group I belong to, but remembering back to my late teens and early twenties socializing with my group of friends was an important part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment